Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 11 - Reflection on Voice Thread Article

     I found the DiAL-e framework very interesting and useful to educators after reading this article. I think it can be really overwhelming for educators who are new to incorporating technology into their curriculum and especially for those teachers who may not consider themselves technology savvy. Just in the past two years in this program I have been introduced to a multitude of different Web 2.0 tools and haven't been able to either properly implement them into my classroom or to explore them myself to decide on their effectiveness on student learning. Having such a framework that focuses on evaluating a tools effectiveness based on learning design and eventually based on learning spaces.

     I found the analysis of Voice Thread through the DiAL-e framework really useful and really started to see some possibilities of its use in the classroom that hadn't come to mind. Overall I think using this framework in a more consistent manner in education will be very helpful with the amount of Web 2.0 tools out there and the rapid rate that new ones are developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment